- F -
- Food Chemicals Codex - The industry standard for listing food grade ingredients.
- Prefix used to designate the approved use in foods, drugs and cosmetics.
- Encasing a bar of soap in a non-woven fabric made of unspun wool fibers matted together using heat and water.
- Used to anchor or stabilize a scent or fragrance, to slow evaporation.
- The non-volatile oils obtained from botanical bases such as vegetable oils.
- The lowest temperature that a liquid can form an ignitable mixture with air (vapor) near the surface of the liquid.
- See hydrosol.
- Fragrance oil.
- A listing of ingredients in fixed proportion, usually expressed in percentages.
- Contains no added fragrance products. There is no regulated definition for this term, and it is best to consult the ingredients list as some commercial fragrance free or unscented products contain a masking fragrance.
- Synthetic oils formulated to mimic natural fragrances. Sometimes blended with essential oils.
Return to index