- M -
Macadamia Nut Oil
- Also known as Queensland nut oil, obtained from the nut of the tree. Used as an emollient in soaps and cosmetics.
- Expeller pressed and refined from the fruit kernels. Used as a base ingredient or as an added emollient in cosmetics.
- Savon de Marseille. A traditional vegetable oil soap made around Marseille, France, since the 14th century.
Melt & Pour Soap
- M&P is a method of handcrafting soap by melting a ready made soap base, adding fragrances and shaping using molds.
- The temperature at which a solid becomes a liquid.
- A process during commercial manufacturing where the soap is blended with fragrance, colorants and other ingredients using mechanical rollers.
- A refined synthetic petroleum based oil. Widely used in commercial cosmetics. Mineral oil creates a barrier and interferes with the skins normal functions. A poor choice for skin care preparations.
- Material Safety Data Sheet. Provided by the manufacturer or distributor to define the health, safety and fire risks associated with products that are considered hazardous.
Return to index